Have you noticed the increased interest in introverts and highly sensitive people?
In 1996, Dr. Elaine Aron published her groundbreaking book, The Highly Sensitive Person, opening a door that could not be kept closed any longer. Highly sensitive people have been treated as if there is something wrong with them for a long time, when in fact they are among the most caring, conscientious and creative people on the planet.
As the downsides of our current cultural model becomes increasingly apparent and the need for serious change becomes more accepted, many people will be seeking a different perspective, new skills and even an adjustment in values.
If there is one thing that highly sensitive people have, it is a different perspective. They also have a compassionate view, which is what is needed during times of change – challenging periods which are usually hard on everyone.
Here is a list of some of the important websites and blogs that can help you discover more about this important human trait, whether you are highly sensitive or know someone who is.
How to Learn about Highly Sensitive People
There are many wonderful and important websites offering information on the highly sensitive person. This list, however, includes only websites dedicated to the highly sensitive person. They are listed in alphabetical order. Because many cover a wide range of topic related to HSP’s I have created a legend so you know what each website offers information on:
T: trait B: blog W: work and career H: health R: resources A: author C: coaching
- David Ritchey Author David Ritchey spent 12 years researching people with transpersonal experiences which resulted in his book, The H.I.S.S. of the A.S.P. This carefully researched book is important for highly sensitive people since it details the many ways in which the highly sensitive trait can manifest. T A
- Dr. Judith Orloff Judith Orloff, author of Emotional Freedom, is a psychiatrist who specializes in emotional healing with an emphasis on mind-body integration and relationship management for intuitives. Dr. Orloff offers numerous articles and videos, has her own blog and blogs for The Huffington Post and Psychology Today. She lectures frequently and provides many resources on her website. B W H R A
- Dr. Ted Zeff Ted Zeff is one of the most important voices for sensitive men. He is the author of The Highly Sensitive Person’s Survival Guide, The Highly Sensitive Person’s Companion and The Strong, Sensitive Boy. His site offers articles, tips, workshops, and coaching opportunities. T W H R A C
- HSPerson HSPerson is the website of Elaine Aron, Ph.D, the psychologist whose groundbreaking book, The Highly Sensitive Person, put a name on a condition that had eluded definition. She is responsible for a lot of the research into the highly sensitive trait. Her website features her research and insights into the HSP trait, information about her books and HSP meetings, as well as many resources and her newsletter. T W H R A
- Highly Sensitive (.org) Douglas Eby is the creative force behind Highly Sensitive. He is a long-time researcher and writer about the highly sensitive trait and creativity. His websites include Talent Develop, High Ability, The Inner Actor, The Inner Writer, The Inner Entrepreneur, Women and Talent and Depression and Creativity. He offers numerous videos and other resources on various aspects of creativity. Douglas is very active in social media. T W H R
- Highly Sensitive People Jim Hallowes, author of Chopped Liver for the Loving Spirit, offers a well-rounded website for highly sensitive people covering the highly sensitive trait, health, relationships, career and spirituality. Jim is a well known HSP coach and provides many resources to facilitate the healing and growth of HSP’s. T W H R C
- Highly Sensitive Power Highly Sensitive Power is Grace Kerina’s website. Grace is no longer adding to Highly Sensitive Power since she started her new writing site, however, Highly Sensitive Power is definitely worth a visit for all the information it offers for highly sensitive people. T B W H R A C
- HSP In Business Peter Amerlaan’s website, HSP In Business, is an important website for highly sensitive people who want to advance their careers. HSP In Business has a strong HSP community on LinkedIn, Yammer and Facebook. It also has a subgroup: HSP Coaching. T W H R C
- HSP Health HSP Health is Maria Hill’s comprehensive website about health for highly sensitive people. It explores the characteristics and causes of the HSP trait, genetic and stress diseases of sensitives as well as social and emotional health. It offers a blog, resources and many alternative health solutions for common HSP challenges. T B W H R A
- HSP Notes Peter Messerschmidt is one of the first bloggers to write about the highly sensitive trait; he began in 2002. He is one of several highly sensitive men who are open about their sensitivity and work to help other HSP’s make to journey to acceptance and success. Peter’s blog offers many insights, and is rich in resources for highly sensitive people who want to connect with others including his many websites for HSP’s around the country. T B W H R
- HSP Writer Helen Elizabeth is the eloquent writer behind HSP Writer, a well-written blog about being highly sensitive and other interests. She is an MFA in writing and self-described recovering MBA. Her posts include many insights into the highly sensitive trait. T B W A
- Hope And Healing With Elaine Elaine Sanders’ specialty is counseling highly sensitive people who have suffered from relationships with narcissists. She has a BS in Child and Family services with a focus on humanistic counseling psychology, family dynamics, and child development. Her website offers information about the highly sensitive trait, narcissism , and a variety of healing resources. T B H R C
- Jenna Avery Jenna is a writer and well-known certified coach for highly sensitive people – especially writers based is Berkeley, California. She offers four different types of coaching and classes: writing and writing accountability, creative destiny and creative visioning, life purpose, and handling high sensitivity. She provides information on the HSP trait, a variety of resources and a class on energy handling skills for HSP’s. T B W R A C
- Jenna Forrest Jenna is a transformational spiritual coach, helping highly sensitive people heal and develop their emotional, energetic and spiritual strength. She offers intuitive life coaching, relationship coaching and energy healing based on her transformational experiences and learnings. She has written the book, Help Is On The Way, a memoir of her childhood as a sensitive person. Her website offers many articles on being sensitive and the healing process involved in activating your best self. T W H R A C
- Lifeworks Lifeworks was founded by HSP Jacquelyn Strickland who is “…a Licensed Professional Counselor, Coach and workshop leader based in Fort Collins, Colorado. She has been a certified trainer in the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory since 1991.” Jacquelyn offers a lot of information about the HSP trait and has classes online to help highly sensitive people to know themselves better and meet other sensitives like themselves. She is particularly well-known for her HSP Gatherings, which are annual tribal meetings for highly sensitive people to meet each other and learn more about the trait. T W R C
- Mary Kay Parkinson HSP Mary Kay Parkinson is an energy healer and life coach based in Maryland. Her site offers information about the HSP trait, and many articles about living well as an HSP. Mary Kay is a highly trained psychologist, energy healer and coach in spiritual development. She has a BA in Psychology, and has studied at the Center for Intentional Living, Barbara Brennan School of Healing , Mentor Coach, the Bert Hellinger Institute USA, and the Potomac Massage Training Institute. T W H C
- Sense And Sensitivity – Psychology Today Deborah Ward is a UK based writer and journalist, whose interest is psychology and personal development. She writes extensively and comprehensively about the highly sensitive trait on the Sense and Sensitivity blog. She offers articles on work, relationships, the highly sensitive man, health and handling the emotional challenges of being highly sensitive. A great resource. T B W H
- Sensitive And Thriving Ane Axford ‘s website, Sensitive And Thriving, offers a wealth of information about high sensitivity, and resources for coping with the challenges of the HSP trait. Ane who is a psychotherapist offers several courses for sensitive people. T B W H R C
- Sensitive Person Thomas Eldridge ‘s Sensitive Person website has many article about the highly sensitive trait and how to handle it. His site is a go-to website for resources of all kinds for people learning about the HSP trait and seeking ways to handle their different nature. T B W H R A C
- Sharon Heller Sharon Heller is the author of the important HSP book, Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight, a book which discusses “sensory processing disorder” a term for the condition where the brain processes sensory information differently causing problems for the individual affected, which includes many HSP’s. Visit her website for more information and other books she has written. T W H A
- The Captain’s Lady The Captain’s Lady is a beautiful website focused on energy healing for highly sensitive people. The website offers a lot of information about the highly sensitive trait including relationships and careers, as well as natural remedies for treating many HSP conditions. It’s a large and informative website. T B W H R A C
- The Highly Sensitive Person’s Publishing Company Cliff Harwin created his company and its website to help other highly sensitive people understand themselves and their sensitivity so that they could have a more enjoyable and more successful life. He has written Making Sense Of Your High Sensitivity , and offers numerous aids for highly sensitive people. Cliff offers a variety of coaching programs to help HSP’s on their path. T W H R A
- The Power Of Introverts This is Susan Cain’s website. Her bestselling book, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, captures the essence of being introverted and the differences between extroverts and introverts. Susan’s site has a blog, a forum and book club designed for introverts.B W R A
Highly Sensitive People: Groups
- Tribe Tribe is an online magazine for highly sensitive people run by Lee Keralis. Tribe has a forum covering many important subjects of interest to HSP’s. It is also unique in that it features photography and writing by many of its HSP members. The site features information about high sensitivity from many knowledgeable and well-known sensitives.
- Yahoo: HSP Book a large online group of almost 2000 members that is organized to discuss Elaine Aron’s landmark book: The Highly Sensitive Person
- Facebook: Highly Sensitive Network. This important facebook group created by Lori Smith has almost 5000 members.
- Facebook: HSP Dimension This Facebook page belongs to HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People, which is a forum for fun and artistic expression.
- Facebook: Highly Sensitive People is a smaller open facebook page for people learning about the highly sensitive trait.
- Facebook: Highly Sensitive Souls is another large Facebook group of almost 2000 friendly HSP’s.
- Facebook: Highly Sensitive Person (Global) is an active group of over 2500 highly sensitive people from around the world.
Resources For Highly Sensitive People
There are many excellent websites offering information about highly sensitive people. These sites are good starting points since they offer a lot of general information as well as resources. However, there are many others with more specific interests like parenting, psychic healing and individual coaching. So this list is far from exhaustive.
The sites listed above have been created by people with intimate knowledge of the HSP experience who have developed tools, strategies and resources to handle their own sensitivity challenges as well as help others.
There is no substitute for the wisdom of direct experience in understanding high sensitivity. All of these websites offer that and more.
Further reading :
Telltale Signs You Are A Highly Sensitive Person
The Highly Sensitive Person (Wikipedia)
The post 30 Important Websites For Highly Sensitive People appeared first on HSP Health Blog.
Originally found at : http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2012/11/30-important-websites-for-highly-sensitive-people-2457998.html?currentSplittedPage=0
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.
Dr JPB Prinsloo is the oldest Homoeopathic Practice in South Africa.
The practice, situated in Pretoria, was established in 1956.
To learn more about homeopathic infertility treatment visit: